October 22 and 23, 2013
Gyeongju Hilton* (Note: the site has changed from the original site in Busan. Please read the travel, venue, and accommodations site.)
Gyeongju, Republic of Korea
We are pleased to announce that the Fourth Pacific Rim Conference on Education will be held in Gyeongju, the Republic of Korea from October 22(Tue) to 23(Wed), 2013. The intent and purpose of the Pacific Rim Conference on Education is to share the understanding of educational issues in the pacific-rim area and to produce an area for a deeper understanding and discussion about education.
Korea is a well-known country for its advancement in education but there is also a big spending on the parents end in providing private education for their children. In education, each country may have a problem of its own. We would like to provide an opportunity for scholars and educators to cooperate and discuss to find solutions of the identified problems. Therefore, we gladly announce the theme of the Fourth Pacific-Rim Conference on Education and welcome submissions that focus on the following key areas:
• Educational System and Issues in Teacher Training:
• Policies related to Teacher Certificates, Pre-service Teacher Education, Teacher Recruitment
• Professional Development, Policies for Effective In-service Teacher Training
• Teacher Evaluation, Teacher Rewards, Teacher’s Working Conditions, Retaining Teacher Effectiveness
• Tenure Polices, School Administration, Staff Development
• Special Education, All areas related to Primary Education
The official language of the conference is English. For the keynote speakers and invited speakers, the conference interpreters will translate English to Korean and Korean to English.
Detailed information for the conference including registration and hotels is available at http://pacificrim.bnue.ac.kr/
Busan National University of Education
24 Gyodae-ro, Yeonje-gu,
Busan 611-736, Republic of Korea